During my years as a reader, I’ve gotten the opportunity to read thousands of application files for high school students and transfers from all over the United States, including applicants from every academic and socioeconomic background.
I have a passion for making higher education accessible to all students and this desire as well as my experience has positioned me to provide coaching and advising on the topics of writing personal statements, college admissions and navigating post-secondary education.
To reaching more aspiring students, I founded Koodoos – which offers expert advice focused on helping applicants write memorable college admissions essays and personal statements for your college and scholarship applications.
As a graduate of the top military college in the world, West Point, and a two-time earner of advanced degrees, I have the personal experience to understand how difficult it can be to get into top schools and my goal is to help students from all backgrounds succeed in this process.
I also had a past job as a writing consultant, where I worked with college students at every level helping them craft essays and research papers from multiple academic disciplines. In my job as a writing consultant, I’d wager to say 50-60% of the students I saw, wanted help with personal statements, resumes, or cover letters, so I’ve developed a keen sense on what the average college admissions essay looks like and I know how to make it stand out amongst the thousands of others an admissions officer will read during a typical admissions cycle.
Over the course of the last 10 years:
● I’ve earned $10,000s in graduate level scholarships and grants
● I’ve read and evaluated 1000s of personal statements from students in every degree major and level of education including PhD candidates and engineering school applicants
● I’ve worked on the admissions staff of a top research university where I learned the exact academic and socioeconomic indicators they use to evaluate candidates
● I’ve worked for years as a writing consultant and worked with 100s of clients to help them craft high-quality and professional writing
● I’ve been awarded prestigious honors such as being named a 2018 Presidential Management Fellow Finalist and a member of the University of Washington Husky 100.
I have multiple years of experience working with writers and applicants to draft the perfect essays for scholarships, internships, and college admissions, and know I can help you craft an essay that is impactful and memorable.
As the personal statement, becomes more and more essential in selecting the incoming class, you’ll want to know that your personal statement stands out as among the best.
Let’s get started.
For more information about Joy’s background and experience, you can check out her LinkedIn profile. To learn more about getting help with your essay, click here. Feel free to contact us with any questions or if you’re ready to discuss working together. We’d love to hear from you!